Calculations in data sources
You can add new measures to the data source through calculations using standard functions. You can add calculations at the data source level or in the chart editor.
When adding calculations on the data source level note:
- Only simple arithmetic operations and parentheses can be used in formulas.
- Calculations you add will be available for all charts built on this data source.
- You can’t use other calculated measures or dimensions in formulas.
- When adding calculations, you can’t select the type of aggregation. It can be selected later when plotting a chart based on the calculated measure.
- The following types of aggregations are available for the calculation in the Chart Editor:
- distinct count
- Calculations are not available for Google Analytics, Google Ads, and combined data sources.
To add a calculation in the data source editor:
Add Calculationat the bottom right of the data source editor page.
- Enter a name for the calculation.
- Start typing a formula in the
Expressionbox to see the measures that match. If the formula is entered correctly, a Calculation is validnote will appear at the bottom of the window.
The newly created calculation will appear in the list of measures for this data source. To edit a calculation, select it and click
Was this article helpful?
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.