How to combine data sources
In Advanced Analytics, you can combine various sources into a single data source. The combined source allows you to display data from sources of multiple types on the same chart and compare different metrics.
Creating a Data Source
- In the Data sources tab, click + Data source.
Combine Existing Data Sources.
- Select two or more sources from the list of your sources and click
- For each data source, select a dimension to build the relationship between the sources. Specify a name for this dimension.
- From each source, select measures that will be used in the new data source.
The combined data source is updated automatically every time any of the original sources change. You can share the combined data source with other Publisher Account users by clicking the ⋯ icon and selecting
To create a report based on a combined source, follow the Basic information on creating reports guide and specify a combined data source as the data source.
- You can use only one dimension for one chart. Other dimensions are available only as filters.
- The following features are not available:
- the ranking filter
- the weeks level of the calendar dimension
- index dimensions of the calendar dimension
- creating combined data sources based on Google Ads
- coloring by measure
- In the cross table, you can display only one dimension per column and per row. Also, you can’t select a measure for the entire table. To display a measure, use the
List of measuresdimension.
Was this article helpful?
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.