How to create a data source
A data source is a collection of data in a tabular format. The data sources can be used to create reports.
To create a new data source, navigate to the Data sources page and click the +Data source button from the upper-right corner:
You will be taken to a page where you should upload a file or create a new integration.
The following types of data sources are available:
- Xsolla products’ data (you can add your site's performance indicators, connect subscriptions and payments metrics, etc.)
- Local file (you can upload *.csv, *.xls and *.xlsx files from your computer)
- File by URL (you can upload a file available by the URL)
- Cloud storage (you can upload files directly from your Cloud storage)
- Databases (you can create a connection directly to the database)
- Cloud services (you can connect directly to the desired Cloud service)
Building some of the aforementioned data sources, namely databases and cloud services, implies creating an integration preliminarily. To know more about creating databases and cloud services integrations, please follow the links.
Creating a data source based on a cloud service integration
Follow the instructions under the link above to create an integration with a cloud service. Then, click on the Data Sources tab and then press the Create data source button:
After that, choose the integration you want to build a data source on, and the data source itself:
By default, data sources based on integrations are visible only for you, but it is possible to share them with other users using the three-dot button at the right side of the page.
Creating a data source based on a database integration
Follow the instructions under the link above to create an integration with a database. Then, click the Create data source button from the Data sources tab and choose the desired Database:
After that, write a SQL-query to select the necessary data. Use the same syntax as it is in your Database. When ready, press Run Query.
Please, consider the limits on the imported data for Databases:
- Max number of columns in a dataset is 150.
- Max number of rows in a dataset is 2000000.
- The number of elements in one dimension can’t exceed 128,000.
After your data source is created, it is ready for work. Feel free to share it with the Company, rename or refresh it manually, using the three-dot button at the right side of the Data Sources page. If for some reason you need to reconfigure your database integration settings, click the integration name from the Integrations page and make the necessary changes. Then, check if the connection is successful and save these changes.
Was this article helpful?
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.