How to format files for uploading
You can build your reports using data from the files on your computer. The following file formats are supported:
xlsx. Before uploading a file as a data source, make sure your data is organized according to the guidelines below.
When uploading a table into Advanced Analytics, the first row is automatically converted into titles. If the table does not contain titles, select the
- Titles must be arranged in columns only.
- Titles can’t be named
Measures. Rename any title using this, or you won’t be able to save your data source.
- Each measure title should be in a separate column. When the table is loaded, the merged fields are not processed.
- Titles must not contain dates.
Adding fields of a Date type
Advanced Analytics supports the following date formats:
Possible separators: a dot, dash, slash, or space.
Adding fields of a Number type
Before uploading Excel files, check that they don’t contain the following:
- Cells with currency or percent symbols, as they can complicate the loading process. You can set these formats later when plotting.
- Cells with totals.
Adding fields of a Territory type
You can create maps out of data that contains states and countries. Specifically, the following location formats are supported:
- Country names (e.g, France)
- Country codes (two-letter uppercase ISO-3166-1 alpha-2 codes) or their equivalent English names (e.g.,
GBor United Kingdom)
- Region codes (uppercase ISO-3166-2 codes) or their equivalent English names (e.g.,
US-NJor New Jersey)
To add a territorial dimension:
- Upload the file with tabular data. After that, the data source editor will open.
- In the data source editor, click on the territorial data column.
- In the field settings window that appears, select
Type > Territoryfrom the drop-down menu.
- Select the appropriate map.
Was this article helpful?
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.