Calculations in the chart editor
You can use calculations with standard functions to add new measures to the data source at the data source level or in the chart editor.
When adding calculations in the chart editor, please note:
- Only simple arithmetic operations and parentheses can be used in formulas.
- Calculations you add are available for all charts built on this data source.
- You cannot use other calculated measures or dimensions in formulas.
- When building a graph, calculations are performed first, then one of the standard types of aggregation is applied:
sum average minimum maximum distinct count median
- Calculations are not available for Google Analytics, Google Adwords, and combined data sources.
To add a calculation:
- In the diagram editor click
Add measureand select Add calculation.
- Enter a name for the calculation.
- Start typing a formula in the
Expressionfield to see the relevant measures. If the formula is entered correctly, a Calculation is validwill appear in the window.
Doneto save the calculation.
The calculation you created will appear in the list of measures for that chart. To edit a calculation, select it and click
Was this article helpful?
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.