Calculations in chart editor
You can add new measures to the data source through calculations using standard functions. You can add calculations at the data source level or in the chart editor.
When adding calculations on the data source level please note:
- Only simple arithmetic operations and parentheses can be used in formulas.
- Calculations you add will be available for all charts built on this data source.
- You cannot use other calculated measures or dimensions in formulas.
- When building a graph, calculations are performed first, then one of the standard types of aggregation is applied:
- distinct count
- Calculations are not available for Google Analytics, Google Adwords, and combined data sources.
To perform a calculation in the chart editor:
- Click the
Add measurebutton in the bottom right of the chart editor page and then click Add calculation:
- Enter a name for the calculation.
- Start typing a formula in the
Expressionbox to see the metrics that match. If the formula is entered correctly, a Calculation is validnote will appear at the bottom of the window.
The newly built calculation will appear in the list of measures for this chart. To edit a calculation, select it and click
Was this article helpful?
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.