Managing objects in reports
You can add different types of objects (chart, text, image, or web content) to the report and manage them:
- change the report's objects arrangement
- use overlapping and ordering
- duplicate, delete or copy the style
The new report has a tiled layout by default.This layout allows you to move each object separately.
To move multiple objects simultaneously, change the report layout type. To do this, go to
Setting object order
If the report uses a tiled layout type, objects cannot overlap.
To enable object overlapping:
- Change the report layout type to
- Select an object and choose
Bring to Frontor Send to Backfrom the context menu to reposition the object.
Click on the object with the left mouse button and make sure that it is highlighted with a blue outline. Drag the selection border to resize the object.
Duplicating, deleting an object and copying its style
You can manage the object using the context menu items:
Duplicate— creates a copy of the object inside the report. Changes can be made independently to the original object and copies. Delete— delete an object. This action cannot be undone. Copy style/Paste style— copy the object's settings. To copy the existing formatting of an object, select Copy stylefrom the context menu. To apply the copied style to the object, select Paste stylefrom the context menu.
You can change the chart type, measures, dimensions, filters, and chart style. To do this, press the
- Data source. Click
Data Sourceand select: Edit— for data editing Refresh Now— to update data Replace— to replace the data source
- Chart Type. Click
Chart Typeand select a new chart type.
- Category axis. Click the category name in the
Category axissection and select from the context menu:
- sorting option
- a new dimension that will be displayed on the category axis instead of the current one
- Value axis. In the
Value axissection you can:
- add a new dimension from your data source
- add new calculation
- edit aggregation type:
Sum, Average, Minimum, Maximum, Distinct count, Median
- Breakdown dimension. You can add a measure in the
Breakdown dimensionsection to display data broken down by the specified dimension. For example, a chart showing annual sales data could be broken down:
- by Sales Region dimension to show sales by region
- by Product dimension to show sales by product
Chart filters Chart color
- Conditional highlighting that allows you to set a color for values that meet a specified condition. In the
Conditional highlightingsection, you can add rules for displaying values in the chart.
- check the
Use as a filtercheckbox
- select one or more graphs as a filter
- select the charts to which the filter is applied
You can export diagrams as CSV, XLS, or SVG files. To export, open the chart context menu and select the
Was this article helpful?
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.