How it works
The entitlement system is a digital content ownership system that lets users see a full list of games they purchased and pre-ordered. Ownership rights in a system are realised by linking digital content to the account of a user who purchased it. If you want to distribute games on your own, you can use the entitlement system as a single entry point.
- giving ownership rights to users when they purchase a DRM-free game
- support of pre-ordered DRM-free games
- getting the list of user’s owned games
- manual game keys activation
Who can use it
- Partners who want to distribute DRM-free games via Xsolla without using side platforms like Steam.
- Partners who have already integrated Launcher.
- Partners who distribute games via a web store and want to implement a system for checking game ownership.
How to get it
To create an entitlement system:
- Open your project in Publisher Account.
- Click Store in the side menu.
- Set up the Game Keys module. When setting up, choose the DRM free option in the DRM info block.
- Set up authentication via Pay Station access token or Login.
- Call API for working with the entitlement system.
For authenticated users
- The user logs in to the Launcher.
- The user browses the list of available games in the Entitlement system section.
- The user selects games and purchases them. Bought or pre-ordered games are automatically added to their entitlement system.
- The user gets an email with order details.
- The user gets access to the purchased game and can start playing it.
For unauthenticated users
- The user enters their email before creating the order.
- The user buys a DRM-free game without logging in to Launcher.
- The user gets an email with the game key.
- The key is redeemed in one of the following ways:
- by the user after they log in to the Launcher
- by the support service manager or partner via the Grant entitlement API call
Was this article helpful?
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.