How it works
Pre-orders allow you to sell the game before its official release date. A receipt is emailed to the users after they pre-order a game. The users get access to the game on the release date.
Who can use it
How to get it
- Go to the Game Keys module in Publisher Account and choose the key package or create a new one.
- On the General Info step, switch the Pre-orders toggle to On.
- Configure the Release date.
- If you choose the Exact date option, specify the release date and time.
- Upload game keys on the Keys step.
Features and limitations of pre-orders
- On the release date, the button on the widget changes from Pre-order to Buy Now.
- The Sold Out notification appears near the chosen platform in the purchase confirmation window, if you run out of keys for this DRM.
- The Sold Out notification appears near the chosen platform in the purchase confirmation window and the keys are not sold if you don’t upload the keys before the release date.
- If you upload the keys after the release date, they are emailed to players automatically after one hour.
- You can also sell keys with pre-orders if you don’t specify the exact release date. Game keys are emailed to users on the release date after you specify it.
Features of keys distribution via email
The content of email with a receipt depends on the date when the pre-order was purchased:
- Before the game release — the email contains the information on the release date according to the settings in Publisher Account.
- After the game release — the email contains a game key.
Game access emails are sent automatically on the game release day. You will need to upload keys in Publisher Account and specify the exact release date.
Was this article helpful?
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.