How it works
Virtual currency is virtual money that is used for purchasing and selling virtual goods. Depending on its purpose, a virtual currency affects the game economy balance or is connected to monetization of the app.
- Sell any amount of virtual currency or a separate package of currency with a fixed amount.
- Sell hard currency.
- Sell virtual currency and packages of virtual currency for real or virtual money.
- Deliver currency to the player inventory.
Options for selling currency
There are the following options for selling virtual currency:
Sell any amount of virtual currency
Sell the virtual currency in amounts required by users. Implement the request for entering the required amount of currency for purchase on the client side of the application.
Sell packages of virtual currency
Sell the virtual currency in predefined amounts. This feature allows you to sell in-game currencies in packages, for which the price can be lower than if the currency was bought with a custom amount.
EXAMPLE: For a package, you can define a special price that doesn’t equal the amount of virtual currency in it. For example: 1 virtual coin = 1 USD. 500 virtual coins = 450 USD.
- You can add only one type of virtual currency to a package.
- You should specify the prices for virtual currency packages at least in one real or virtual currency.
- The amount of virtual currency can be specified only as the integer value.
Available delivery methods:
- Directly to Xsolla Inventory (default method). Before the delivery, the package of virtual currency unpacks, and the currency from the package is granted to the player inventory.
- To PlayFab if you have configured the integration.
Hard currency is a currency that is linked to the platform of purchase and can be purchased only for real money.
- You can give currency a status of hard only during the first setup.
- You can sell packages of virtual currency with hard virtual currency only for real money.
To store hard currency separately on different platforms:
- Set the Hard virtual currency toggle to ON.
- When calling the API endpoints for inventory management, pass the string with the platform of purchase to the
Who can use it
- For partners who want to set up game economy or monetization by adding virtual currency to the game and selling virtual items for it
- For partners who have integrated at least one of the following products:
How to get it
- Sign up to Xsolla Publisher Account.
- Open your project.
Set up virtual currency
You can set up virtual currencies in one of the following ways:
Set up virtual currency in Publisher Account
Set up virtual currency via API calls
Use the API calls from the
Was this article helpful?
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.