Integration with PlayFab
How it works
PlayFab offers game developers ready-to-use server solutions to manage item catalog and monetization. After integration with PlayFab, you can:
- Import a catalog from PlayFab into the In-Game Store to use Xsolla solutions.
- Automatic transfer of items that a user purchases through the In-Game Store to PlayFab.
- PlayFab uses virtual currency that is coded as RM (Real money) and is equivalent to real currency — 1 cent (100 RM = 1 USD). You can specify the price of the products either in virtual currency or in RM.
- Items’ SKUs must be unique and consist of numbers, Latin letters, hyphens and underscores.
Who can use it
- Partners who integrated PlayFab and now want to increase items (virtual currency and virtual items) distribution area via Buy Button or In-Game Store.
- Partners who integrated the Buy Button solution or Player Inventory and now want to monetize their items in PlayFab (sell items for real currency).
How to get it
Importing items to Xsolla
To work with PlayFab, you’ll need the unique game Title ID and secret project key from PlayFab.
If you have not configured PlayFab yet, do the following:
- Create your PlayFab account.
- Create your game.
- Get your unique game Title ID.
- Get your PlayFab Secret key.
Go to Publisher Account and import item catalog from PlayFab to In-Game Store.
You can import virtual items, virtual currency or virtual currency packages.
Add items to the PlayFab inventory
You can set up the adding of items purchased in the Xsolla In-Game Store to your PlayFab inventory in the following ways:
- By synchronizing user inventory with PlayFab.
- By integrating PlayFab storage with the Xsolla Login. In this case, PlayFab ID specified in the token. In the case of a return of items on the Xsolla side, a request is sent to PlayFab in the token.
Playfab allows you not to set the name or description of the product. In this case, an empty string is returned in the API calls.
If you want to synchronize user inventory with PlayFab:
- Open your project in Publisher Account.
- Click Store in the side menu.
- In the Catalog Management pane, click Configure.
- In the Integration with external platforms pane, click Configure.
- In the PlayFab pane, click Configure.
- Go to the Inventory synchronization and specify:
- Title ID — unique game ID in PlayFab.
- Secret key — the key of the project in PlayFab.
- Set the Synchronize user inventory with PlayFab toggle to On.
- Click Save.
Now information about items purchased in the In-Game Store are automatically transferred to PlayFab.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!We’ll review your message and use it to help us improve your experience.
Rate this page
Last updated: September 15, 2020
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.