How it works
The reward system gives you the opportunity to incentivize users who regularly purchase items in the in-game store with real currency. In this case, users receive additional motivation to use the in-game store or web store.
You can create reward chains by giving out rewards for a certain amount of real currency spent. There can be several chains in the game. The maximum length of one chain is 31 steps. Each step has an execution condition — to gain a given number of value points that show the user’s progress in the reward system.
At each step, the user can receive from 1 to 10 rewards.
You can reward users by giving out the following item types:
- virtual items
- virtual currency
- virtual currency packages
Unauthorized users can see reward chains, but not their own progress. The number of earned value points and progress in the reward system are displayed to the user after authorization.
- The user goes to the site.
- The user sees the item catalog, available rewards, and the number of value points that can be received for the purchase of each item.
- User logs in or signs up on the site.
- The user sees their progress in the reward system and can move up the reward chains by earning value points for purchasing items.
How to get it
Set up via Publisher Account
To set up a reward system, you will need the following details:
- start and end dates of the reward system
- an image, description, SKUs, and names of value points that enable progress in the reward chain
- the number of value points and items in the reward chain
- display of elements of the reward system in the store:
- the number of value points that are awared for purchasing items in the catalog
- value points
- reward chains
- the balance of the authorized user’s value points
- integration of reward methods
- Get virtual items list
- Get current user’s reward chains
- Get current user’s value point balance
- Claim step reward
See the examples below.
|Name||Xsolla bonus system||Character limit — 35.|
|Explanatory text||Completing each step gives you unique rewards. Collect shards and get access to even cooler rewards!||Character limit — 175.|
|Period||01.05.2023 — 31.05.2023|
|Image size||1065 x 515 px|
Step of reward chain:
|Step name||Tier 1||Character limit — 35.|
|The number of accumulated value points at which the user receives a reward||25|
|List with item SKUs and the number of rewards that the user receives in this step||sword_1 x 1, coin_pack_50 x 2|
|Image size||18 x 18 px|
|Explanatory text||To get rewards, collect the shards.|
|Image or its URL|
Recommended value points price:
|Step 11 and subsequent steps||Previous step + 50|
Value points given out for the purchase of certain goods:
|Item SKU for the purchase of which value points are given out||Helmet_1|
|The number of value points given out after the items’ purchase||10|
Implement on your side:
To set up the reward system, implement the following API methods:
Set up via API calls
You can use the methods from the Admin subsection of the Reward chains & Value points method group to work with the reward system.
- Create the value points that give access to rewards in the rewards system via the Create value point API.
- Use the Set value points for items API to award value points to users after purchasing certain items.
- Create the reward system via the Create reward chain API.
- Switch on the reward system via the Toggle reward chain API.
You can change, disable, or delete the reward system and remove item value points.
Was this article helpful?
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.