Unique catalog offer
How it works
Unique catalog offer — the ability to display hidden items in the catalog for users who have entered a unique offer code. If the code is not entered, the items are not displayed.
- setting up the list of items that are displayed after entering the code
- setting up promotions for the items that are displayed after entering the code
- configuring the total number of code redemptions within the campaign
- configuring the number of code redemptions per user within the campaign
- setting regional restrictions upon request
generating multiple codes
- The user must be authorized to use the code.
- If the code is associated with an item that has regional restrictions, users from regions where the item is unavailable cannot see the unique offers associated with that code.
Example: After entering the code, the
Legendary Starter Packshould be displayed. The Legendary Starter Packhas a regional restriction — it is available only in the USA. If a user outside the USA enters the code, an error is returned in the response to the Verify promotion code method, and the user cannot see or purchase the Legendary Starter Pack.
- The authorized user opens the item catalog and sees all items except unique offers.
- The user enters the code into a special field in the catalog and activates it.
- The user sees unique items that are available for purchase.
- The user purchases a unique item, after which the code is considered redeemed.
- Setting up a promotion with unique catalog offers.
- Implement the display of the catalog to the user. To do this, use the methods from the Catalog subsection in the Virtual Items & Currency method group to build the catalog.
- Implement the display of a field in the catalog where the user enters a code.
- Use the Verify promotion code method to validate the code.
- Implement the display of the item catalog, taking into account the code. To do this, pass the code value in the
promo_codeparameter when calling the methods to build the catalog from the Catalog subsection in the Virtual Items & Currency method group.
- To create an order with a unique item, use the Create order with specified item method. Pass the code value in the
promo_codeparameter in the request body. If you want to use a cart, pass the code value in the
promo_codeparameter in the request body when creating cart and creating order.
How to get it
- Register in Publisher Account.
- Connect the Store and set up Virtual Items, Virtual Currency or Bundles modules.
Setting up a promotion with unique catalog offersUse API methods to set up a unique catalog offer promotion.
- Create a promotion with a unique catalog offer using the Create unique catalog offer promotion method. In the items array, pass the SKUs of the items that are displayed after the code is activated. You can also specify:
- The period of promotion by passing:
- Generate codes for the created promotion using the Generate unique catalog offer codes method or create a code using the Create unique catalog offer code method. You can generate additional codes if needed. To get generated codes, use the Get unique catalog offer codes method.
- Activate the promotion using the Activate unique catalog offer promotion.
To manage the promotion, use the following methods:
To obtain information about unique catalog offers, use the following methods:
Was this article helpful?
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.