Web and Flash games distribution
How it works
You can launch and distribute web and Flash games via Xsolla Launcher. Games are opened in a separate window in the WebView mode based on the Chromium browser and Flash Player. User data is passed by Xsolla Login in a JWT. Although main browsers and some gaming platforms like Facebook Gameroom stop supporting Flash in 2020, you can still launch and distribute web and Flash games with Xsolla Launcher.
Who can use it
Partners with web or Flash games.
How to get it
Set up Launcher
To enable launching and distributing of web and Flash games:
- Create a project in Publisher Account.
- Set up a Login project.
- Set up a new Launcher in Publisher Account.
- Customize the Launcher start page.
- In the Launcher you created, go to Build settings.
- Select Web app as the game platform.
- Apply the following settings:
- Specify the game URL.
- Specify the Terms and conditions URL.
- Set the minimum and maximum game window size.
- To let users change the game window size, set the Allow resizing the game window toggler to On.
- Click Save changes.
- Generate the Launcher installer and get the link for delivering Launcher to users.
Set up in-game user authorization
Use one of the following ways to set up user authorization in the game:
- Set up JWT authentication on the game side. If you have questions, contact your Account Manager.
- Enable user authorization forwarding from Launcher to the game. The game is opened in the browser within Launcher. Launcher opens the game link with the
Authorization: Bearer <JWT>header, where JWT is the Xsolla Login user JWT.
Set up selling in-game virtual items and virtual currency
To sell virtual items and virtual currency in your game:
- Set up virtual currency and virtual items.
- Integrate an in-game store:
Was this article helpful?
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.