Upload game build
To load a game build to the update server, use the Build Loader command-line utility.
Build Loader system requirements:
- Windows 7/8/10 64-bit OS or macOS 10.14.0 and higher
- 1.6 GHz CPU
- 100 MB free RAM
- Free disk space: 1.5 × build size
Build Loader accepts the following options:
--init— initialization of the utility.
--update— sending the game build to the server.
--builds-list— a list of game builds.
--descr <build-description>— the build’s description.
--api-key <API-key>— an API key.
--game-path <path-to-game>— a path to the game build.
--chunk-size <chunk-size>— the size of chunks - parts into which the game archive is divided. Can be in MB or GB. Accepts values from
5gb, default is
--retry-timeout <timeout>— the timeout between attempts to upload files in seconds. Accepts values from
60, default is
--retry-count <retry-count>— a number of attempts to upload files. Accepts values from
10, default is
To upload a game build:
- Go to Publisher Account > Build settings.
- Copy the API key.
- Download and install Build Loader.
- Initialize the utility.
- Upload the game build(s) to the server.
- Place the game build to the stage.
- Set up the game files.
Initialize Build Loader
To initialize the utility, you need to pass the previously copied API key and the path to the game build:
- You only need to initialize the utility once, unless you want to change said parameters.
- The path to the game build may contain only Latin letters.
Upload game build to the serverTo upload a game build to the server, indicate the build path:
--game-pathparameter if you have already used it when initializing the utility or uploading the previous build. During the first upload, the update server receives the whole game build. Afterwards it will receive game patches generated by Build Loader.
Place the game build on the stageWhen uploaded to the server, game builds are displayed in Publisher Account in Project setup > Build Settings > Build list. Select one of the two stages to place the game build to:
- master: the game will be available for the end users,
- test: the game will be available only for testing.
-game_stage testparameter passed in the console. For example:
launcher.exe -game_stage test.
Set up game filesTo let Launcher send the correct files to users, first set up and initialize the installation files:
- In Publisher Account, go to Build settings and then Game file settings.
- Enter the name and the extension of the file that launches the game (for example, coolgame.exe).
- Specify the game installation path.
- Add any redistributable packages necessary to launch the game (for example, Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable).
--xsolla-locale <locale>: interface language;
--xsolla-login-token <token>: Xsolla Login JWT (JSON Web Token).
Was this article helpful?
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.