What is it for
To send emails or SMS messages to users, for example, with a code for authorization or registration in your application, you need the corresponding email and SMS providers. Xsolla uses the services of large international providers to send your letters and SMS, and by default, distribution is carried out from Xsolla’s accounts on behalf of Xsolla.
Xsolla also allows you to use your own communication service provider accounts. By entering into your own contract with a provider, you can get better rates from providers or a more diverse set of functions, as well as exclude an intermediary (in this case, Xsolla) from the messaging process. This approach makes it possible to:
- send letters and SMS on your behalf, and not on behalf of Xsolla;
- reduce the cost of sending letters and SMS by choosing a provider with optimal rates for each country;
- track the delivery of messages through your own account with the communication service provider and thereby:
- increase the reliability of message delivery to users in different countries;
- promptly respond to users and speed up the resending of emails and SMS if necessary;
- quickly resolve emerging problems directly with the communication service provider, rather than through an intermediary.
Instructions for connecting your own accounts for communication service providers are given in the following sections:
Was this article helpful?
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.