How it works
Tokenization refers to a set of API endpoints that allow you to securely process payments without opening the payment UI or involving the user. Key features:
- obtain the list of saved payment accounts
- make a payment using a saved payment account
- delete a payment account
Payment accounts are saved in the following cases:
- The payment is made via the Pay Station UI. A new saved account is added if the user agrees to saving their payment data when entering it.
- The Pay Station is opened in the saving payment accounts mode. To enable it, pass the
settings.ui.modeparameter when getting the token.
When the payment account is saved, it’s given an ID. Specify this ID in the API request to make a payment without user interaction and opening the payment UI.
Payment methods that support tokenization:
- Bank cards
- Amazon Pay
- Skrill Digital Wallet
- Rabbit LINE pay
- Touch 'n Go
How to get it
To use tokenization, implement the endpoints for working with saved payment accounts.
Paying with saved payment account
To make a payment with a saved payment account without opening the payment UI, implement the payment in your app in the following way:
- Get a list of user’s saved payment accounts.
- Charge the user via one of their payment accounts.
- Process data received in the Payment webhook and accrue the purchased virtual goods to the user.
Displaying saved payment accounts on your side
Using the Get saved accounts request, you can get masked data of user’s saved payment accounts on your order page.
To store masked data of saved payment accounts on your side and keep them up-to-date:
- Set up Add payment account webhook. When a user adds a new payment account, you can save it and afterward suggest a user pay with it without opening the payment UI.
- Set up Remove payment account webhook.
Processing UI events on the managing saved payment accounts page
To display information on the managing saved payment accounts page in real time, process the following payment UI events:
add_saved_account— successful saving of a payment account.
command: "add_saved_account" data: id: 12345678 name: "1111111111111111" payment_method: 0001 type: "card"
add_saved_account_error— error occuring while saving a payment account.
cancel_save_account— cancellation of the saving of a payment account by a user.
If the payment UI is opened in an iframe or using the Pay Station Embed script, you will get events from the payment UI via postMessage.
Was this article helpful?
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.