How to promote your site with Google Merchant Center
How it works
Google Merchant Center is one of the Google for retail tools, which allows you to create product feeds for your site and set up advertising campaigns for these feeds. With this tool, you can improve the ranking of your site in the Google search engine, increase organic traffic to it, and improve monetization of your game.
Who can use it
Partners who have already integrated Site Builder and who sell game keys, virtual items and virtual currency on the site.
How to get it
To set up promoting your site with Google Merchant Center:
- Open the table with the product data in Publisher Account.
- Sign up to Google Merchant Center.
- Confirm the URL address of your site.
- Create a feed with the product data.
- Launch an advertising campaign in Google.
Opening the table with the product data
- Go to Publisher Account > Site Builder.
- Click Configure.
- Select Google Merchant Center from the Apps section and click Get list of items.
URL address confirmation
To start promoting your site, you need to confirm the ownership of the URL address of your site. To confirm it, click Fix it in the warning box.
Specify the URL address of your site in the Site tab and select one of the confirmation tools:
- Google Analytics. To connect the tools, learn the Integration with analytics platforms section.
- Google Tag Manager.
- Uploading an HTML file to the site.
Creating a feed
- Go to Google Merchant Center and open the Products tab.
- In the Multiple products block, click Create product feed.
- On the first step, specify the country of sale and content language in the feed.
- On the second step, specify the feed name and select Google Sheets as the source of the product data.
- On the third step, click Select an existing Google spreadsheet.
- Click Create feed.
The created feed will appear on the Products tab during the day.
Launching an advertising campaign
To set up an advertising campaign for the created feed, go to Growth > Manage programs and select a promotional tool. To learn how the tool works, click Get started/Complete interest form in the tool card.
Was this article helpful?
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.