How to sell pre-orders via your site
How it works
A site for selling pre-orders allows partners to:
- place orders for the game, even if it has not yet been released
- sell early access game keys or other content that is available now or will be available after the release of the game
- raise money for advertising and uploaded content (DLC)
How to get it
- Open your project in Publisher Account.
- Go to Site Builder and click Create site.
- Select the Selling template on the start page.
- By default, the site is created with Header, Call-to-action, Gallery, Description and Footer blocks. Xsolla recommends the following to help you improve your site’s performance:
- In the Gallery block, upload a video/image with a presentation of the game or its gameplay and assets, which show the current stage of the game’s development. You can also add photos of your product team members.
- In the Call-to-action block, add the Subscribe component and select your login project to set up a newsletter for users.
- In the Platforms component of the Call-to-action block, connect the platforms that you plan to release the game on.
- In the Button component of the Call-to-action block, set up selling of early access game keys or other content that is available now or will be available after the release of the game.
- In the Description block, add info about the game genre and history, and describe the gameplay. You can also share the stage of development the game is at and what future plans you have for it.
- In the middle of the Builder screen, click Add block and select a block you want to create on the site. The following blocks are recommended:
- News. To attract more users to the game, add news about the active development process of your game.
- Packs. Sell early access game keys with this block.
- Social media widgets. Engage users through social media for your game. This can help you interact with them and motivate them to make pre-orders via advertising.
- In the left menu, edit the content for each added block, select a global theme, and configure SEO and language settings.
- Click Publish.
If site publication is not available, make sure all the required conditions are met:
- There are no empty sections in Builder (marked with a red dot).
- The Licensing Agreement with Xsolla has been signed.
- A section for user authorization has been added to the site (if there is a Store block on the site).
- Make changes to the domain (optional). To do this, go to Site Builder and click Configure. In the Domain section, edit the Xsolla domain name or use your own domain.
- To track the site performance, enable analytics and promotion services (optional). To do this, go to Site settings and in the Apps section, connect the necessary services.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!We’ll review your message and use it to help us improve your experience.
Rate this page
Last updated: February 25, 2021
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.