How to create site for free-to-play game
How it works
Free-to-play is a business model for the distribution of computer and mobile games that allows users to play without having to pay for it. The main way to monetize free-to-play games is through in-game purchases. Many popular and commercially successful games use free-to-play monetization. Site Builder allows you to monetize a game through selling the following items on the game’s site:
- virtual currency packs
- virtual items
You can sell in-game items in two ways:
- On site with block Store. In this case, you need user authorization on the site.
- Through template Web Shop. In this case, users can make a purchase after authorization or by logging in with their user ID.
Flow for template store
- The user goes to the free-to-play game’s site and navigates to the store section.
- The user selects items they want to buy. The purchase payment process depends:
- The purchased items appear in the user’s game account.
Purchase different quantities of items
- Single item. To buy a single item, the user clicks Buy Now and pays for the item in the payment UI.
- Multiple items. To buy multiple items, a user clicks the cart icon and adds the item to the shopping cart. After selecting all the items, the user goes to the shopping cart, clicks Go to checkout, and pays for the items in the payment UI.
Purchase of different item types
- A virtual item. After the user logs in, the system can start the payment process depending on the type of currency the item is sold for, and initiate the payment process.
- A virtual currency pack. After the user logs in, the system can start charging virtual currency to the user balance and initiate the payment process.
Flow for Web Shop
User needs to login through ID or password to buy items. This instruction describes how to set up a Web Shop template via Login with game ID. This is the same process as setting up login with password in Flow for template store.
- The user goes to the site where the top-up solution is implemented.
- The user clicks Login and enters their gamer ID.
- The user chooses items and proceeds to the payment.
- The user chooses a payment method and pays for the items.
- The purchased goods appear in the user’s game account.
How to get it
- Sign up for Publisher Account.
- Create a project in Publisher Account and open Site Builder.
- Create a site with one of the following templates:
- Store. Allows you to create a store on the site with in-game items and sell them via user authorization.
- Web Shop. Allows you to sell in-game items via the user ID from the game.
Was this article helpful?
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.