You can monetize a game by selling the following items in the in-game store:
- Virtual currency (e.g., coins, crystals)
- Virtual items (e.g., grenades, bullets)
- Bundles — a set of several items sold as a single unit
The item catalog solution is based on the In-Game Store product. Catalog management (e.g., adding and editing items, setting prices in real and virtual currencies) is performed in Publisher Account in the Store section.
You can run promotions with coupons and promo codes to increase your sales. To do this, set up a promotional campaign in Publisher Account in the Store > Promotions section.
To get new users to your application and increase sales, you can implement a campaign with promo codes. When redeeming a promo code, the user may receive one or more of the following rewards:
- discount that applies to the user’s cart
- bonus items:
- virtual currency package
- game key
- virtual item including a bundle or time-limited items
For details on the features and limitations of campaigns with promo codes, see the In-Game Store guide.
To work with promo codes:
- Complete the settings in Publisher Account by following the instructions for setting up a campaign with promo codes.
- Implement in-game logic using the following SDK methods:
XStore.getPromocodeRewardsByCode— gets promo code rewards. Allows users to choose one of many items as a bonus.
XStore.redeemPromocode— redeems promo code. After redeeming a promo code, the user gets free items and/or the price of the cart is decreased.
Was this article helpful?
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.