Users can use a one-time code instead of a password or follow a one-time link to authenticate in the application. The code or link can be sent via SMS or email and expires after 3 minutes.
The first time a user logs into your application without a password, a new account is created automatically. You don’t have to implement additional logic for user sign-up.
To implement passwordless login:
- Set up the Login project:
- Open your project in Publisher Account.
- In the side menu, сlick Login.
- Click Configure in the Login project pane.
- Go to Passwordless login > Settings and select the type of passwordless authentication method that you want to use.
- To send a one-time link with the code, go to the Email settings tab and set the Log in via magic link toggle to On.
- Click Save changes.
- In the application UI, add the following elements:
- form to enter a phone number and/or email
- form to enter a one-time code
- Implement passwordless authentication logic using the following Login library methods:
startAuthByPhone— starts user authentication and sends an SMS with a one-time code and a link to the specified phone number (if login via magic link is configured for the Login project).
completeAuthByPhone— completes authentication after the user enters a one-time code or follows a link received by SMS.
startAuthByEmail— starts user authentication and sends an email with a one-time code and a link to the specified email address (if login via magic link is configured for the Login project).
completeAuthByEmail— completes authentication after the user enters a one-time code or follows a link received in an email.
logUserOut— ends the active user session.
Was this article helpful?
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.