When redeeming a promo code, the user may receive one or more of the following rewards:
- discount that applies to the user’s cart
- bonus item:
- virtual currency package
- game key
- virtual item including a bundle or time-limited item
Promo codes can only be activated after adding items to the cart.
For details on the features and limitations of campaigns with promo codes, see the In-Game Store guide.
To implement a promo code campaign:
- Set up a campaign with promo codes.
- Implement a shopping cart UI and logic of purchasing via the shopping cart in your application.
- In the shopping cart UI, add the following elements:
- field for entering a promotional code
- the form of displaying the reward for the promotional code
- button to activate the promo code
You can also contact your Account Manager to set up a campaign with promo codes if you do not want to implement an interface and additional logic for working with promo codes. In this case, the input and activation of the promotional code will be carried out not in the interface of the cart, but when paying for the purchase in Pay Station.
- Implement in-game logic using the following SDK methods:
getPromocodeReward— returns a list of items that can be credited to the user when the promo code is activated. Allows users to choose from several available items.
redeemPromocode— activates a promotional code. After activating the promotional code, the user gets free items and/or the price of the cart is reduced.
removePromoСodeFromCart— removes a promo code from a cart. After the promo code is removed, the total price of all items in the cart will be recalculated without bonuses and discounts provided by a promo code.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!We’ll review your message and use it to help us improve your experience.
Rate this page
Last updated: November 23, 2022
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.