The way of opening the payment UI depends on the platform for which your application is built:
- For desktop applications, the SDK allows you to open the payment UI in the built-in browser.
- For mobile applications, the payment UI opens in an external browser.
- For WebGL, the payment UI widget opens in an iframe on the same browser page.
The SDK supports the item purchase from the catalog in one click or via the shopping cart.
To test the purchase process, you can use sandbox mode of payment UI and test cards. The sandbox mode only simulates the behavior of a payment method; no real money is involved. To try sandbox, you don't need to sign any agreements with Xsolla or pay any fees.
Xsolla can act as a payment gateway when players pay for in-game purchases via Steam. In this case, you don’t need to integrate the Steam SDK or take into account the nuances of paying via Steam when setting up an in-game store.
To set up payments via Steam:
- Sign an additional agreement with Xsolla.
- Set up the gateway for Steam in your Publisher Account.
- Set up native authentication via Steam.
- Open the Unity project.
Window > Xsolla > Demo Settingsin the main menu.
- In the
Inspectorpanel, select Steam Gatewayfrom the Payments Flowdrop-down list.
After changing the Unity project settings, the
x-steam-userid header is added to the payment token request using the
PurchaseItem SDK method.
Was this article helpful?
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.