How to try account linking in demo
You can implement the following features by linking a player’s account on different platforms to the main account:
- automatic player identification on different platforms
- manage a single cross-platform inventory on different platforms
Use demo maps to check the linking of platform accounts to the main account for a preset Publisher Account project.
To try account linking in a demo project:
- Go to your Unreal Engine project in Unreal Editor.
- Set up the demo map to log in to the application via the platform account:
- Go to
Settings > Project Settings > Plugins > Xsolla Settings > Demo.
- Enable the
Use Cross-Platform Account Linkingoption.
Platformand Platform Account ID.
- Go to
- Start the
Demo_Storedemo map from the Content Browser > Xsolla Content > Mapsfolder. The demo simulates authentication via the platform account, so you automatically authenticate and proceed to the in-game store.
User accountand then Account linkingin the demo map. The demo project will open in the default browser to simulate the start of the application on another platform.
Create an account.
- Specify email and password. Click
Accept and create.
- Select an item in the catalog and click
Buy on Xsolla. Purchase the item using one of the test bank cards. Close the receipt.
- Click on the email at the top of the screen to open the menu. Click
Inventory. Make sure that the purchased item is available in the inventory.
Get code. Click Request the codein the opened window. Write down the received account linking code.
- Go to the UE demo map.
- Enter the received account linking code (see step 9) and click
- Now the platform account is linked to the main account. Make sure that the purchased item is available in the inventory of the demo map.
- Since this account is already linked to the main account, you can get the account linking code from it. Click
Get account link. Write down the received code.
- Set up the demo map to log in to the application via another platform account (see step 2). The
Publishing platformshould be different from the one selected in step 2.
- Start the
Demodemo map from the Content Browser > Xsolla Content > Mapsfolder.
- Make sure the player’s inventory is empty.
Account linking. Stay in the UE demo map.
- Enter the received account linking code (see step 13) and click
- Now the account from the new platform is also linked to the main account. Make sure that the purchased item is available in the inventory of the UE demo map.
Follow the recipe to configure account linking for your project.
Was this article helpful?
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.