Integrating with Xsolla servers is suitable for partners who want a ready-made server solution for monetization and in-game items management.
After integration of Xsolla SDKs, you can use:
- Xsolla Login for authenticating users and managing the friend system and user account
- In-Game Store for creating an in-game store and player’s inventory
- Player Inventory for managing player’s inventory in your application
- Xsolla Pay Station for setting up payments
With this integration, all operations are processed on the Xsolla side and you do not have to configure your own server side for these tasks.
Choose and install one of the following plugins depending on your needs:
- Store UE4 SDK — contains all the necessary methods to integrate all Xsolla products listed above.
- Login UE4 SDK — designed to implement only the functions of the Xsolla Login.
- Inventory UE4 SDK — designed to implement functions of the Xsolla Login and the Player Inventory. Use this plugin if your application is published on a platform that cannot use the Xsolla Pay Station and In-Game Store for some reason.
- 64-bit OS
- Windows 7 and higher
- macOS 10.13.6 and higher
- XCode 11.1 and higher (for macOS)
- Visual Studio 2017 and higher
- Unreal Engine 4.25 and higher
- Windows 64-bit
Login UE4 SDK featuresThe Login UE4 SDK is used to integrate applications based on Unreal Engine with Xsolla Login. Main features:
- authentication via username and password
- authentication via social networks
- authentication via Steam session_ticket
- email confirmation
- password reset
- user attributes management
- cross-platform account linking
- token invalidation
- OAuth 2.0 support
- friend system
- user account
Inventory UE4 SDK featuresThe Inventory UE4 SDK is used to integrate applications based on Unreal Engine with the Xsolla Login and Player Inventory. The Inventory UE4 SDK supports all Login UE4 SDK features and additionally the following features:
- managing user inventory
- managing virtual currency balance
- working with coupons
- managing cross-platform inventory
Store UE4 SDK featuresThe Store UE4 SDK is used to integrate applications based on Unreal Engine with the following Xsolla products:
- selling virtual items
- selling virtual currency
- managing in-game store
- working with promotional campaigns (discounts, coupons, promo codes)
Xsolla offers the necessary tools to help you build and grow your gaming business, including personalized support at every stage. The terms of payment are determined by the contract that can be signed via Publisher Account.
The cost of using all Xsolla products is 5% of the amount you receive for the sale of the game and in-game goods via the Xsolla Pay Station. If you do not use the Xsolla Pay Station in your application, but use other products, contact your Account Manager to clarify the terms and conditions.
Before integrating Unreal Engine SDKs, follow these steps:
Install the plugin
- Download the Epic Games Launcher.
- Create a new UE4 project.
- Download one of the plugins:
After installing the plugin, launch demo maps, that show how SDKs features work.
Set up the project in your Publisher Account
- Register an Xsolla Publisher Account.
- Configure a Publisher Account project that is automatically created after the previous step:
My gamein the Projects block and go to Project settings.
- In setup mode, specify a Project name and click Save.
- Go to Integration settings and check that the Integrate
Commerce APItoggle is set to On.
During the integration process, you will need the following parameters:
- Project ID found in Project settings > Project ID.
- Login ID found in Login settings > Login ID. It has the UUID format.
The integration demo is available in the Content Browser > Content > Maps folder. Use it as an example.
By default, the demo uses the Xsolla Project ID and Login ID of a preset Publisher Account project that has a fully configured store.
Default values for the demo maps: