Free items are the type of items that the user can get without spending virtual or real currency. These include:
- Virtual items
- Game keys
- Virtual currency packages
Free items are only available to authorized users.
Unauthorized users can only view the catalog of free items.
Examples of usage:
- You can give away free items on important dates for your project (for example, on the day the project was founded) to reward users for their loyalty.
- You can give away free starter packs for the game in the store to attract new users to the game.
Who can use it
- For partners who have already have Web Shop and want to set up a new type of product — free items.
- For partners who want to increase the loyalty of current users or attract new players.
Create free items in the following ways:
Create via Publisher AccountTo create a free item (based on the example of virtual items):
- Open your project in Publisher Account.
- Click Store in the side menu.
- In the Virtual Items pane, click Configure.
- Click the + icon and choose Create group from the drop-down list.
- External ID;
- Group name.
- Click Create group and go to the group.
- Click Create item.
- One or several groups the item should belong to
- Item property: consumable, nonconsumable, or time-limited item
- In the Price settings block, choose Free item.
- If you want to limit the availability of items to specific users, switch the Limit number of times one user can buy this item toggle to On and specify the number.
- If you want to show an item in the store, set the Show item in store toggle to On.
- Click Create item.
Create via API calls
- To create free items, use API calls from the Admin subsection:
- For virtual items — Create virtual item
- For currency package — Create virtual currency package
- For bundles — Create bundle
is_free = truein the request body.
- Get a user’s order status.
- If you want to limit the availability of items to specific users, call any API method for creating or editing an item and specify the value of the
Set up in Web ShopTo show free items in Web Shop:
- Open your project at Publisher Account and go to Site Builder.
- In the Site section, choose your site and click Configure.
- In the Store block, go to the Store section.
- In the Select purchase type field, select free items that you added previously.
Was this article helpful?
Rate this page
Don’t want to answer
Thank you for your feedback!
Found a typo or other text error? Select the text and press Ctrl+Enter.